Friday 29 June 2012

The Ombre Nail!

Afternoon all, so I tried the Ombre styled nail. Super quick and easy. Using four polishes (Nails Inc and Barry M) Portobello Market (pastel orange, Wimbledon (pastel green), Malibu (tropical blue) and a Barry M Canary Yellow.

I first applied a base coat and a White polish base (floral street, Nails Inc), it's always best to use a good quality base coat and polish if you want your manicure to last... Once the White base had dried I applied a generous amount of the four colours on to a make up sponge (you can buy these really cheap from any pound shop where you get about twenty in a pack. You need to reapply the polishes for each nail.

I then gently placed the sponge from left to right from each side wall of the nail to achieve the Ombre effect. It is inevitable that you will get some polish on your skin but you can always tidy this up once you have finished all fingers and thumbs...

To finish it off I then added a single gold stud on my half moons keeping it simple as the Ombre Effect speaks for itself.

Check out my Ombre set of nails, let me know what you think?

Have a fabulous weekend Nail Junkies! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment