Tuesday 5 June 2012

Monochrome Nails!!

Hey all, hope you are all well. Today I was really feeling in the mood for monochrome nails! As the song says 'Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony'

I came across an amazing nail artist by the name of Madeline Poole who had designed some super sick Black and White nails. Her work is amazing. Her designs stand out amongst the rest, clean lines always executed to a prestigious standard, always thinking outside the box.

I decided to put my own flavour to her design as I never and I mean never like to copy anyones designs... What is the point in being the same, right?

My design has many influences in it. From architectural bridges, stepping stones, stairwells and religious symbols. A little mixed up but hey, that's what I was feeling.

I have always loved the Aum/Om sign since I was a little girl. Having a Hindu grandmother, I travelled through India as a child, scribbling hundreds of Om signs in my note books on my journey, just because...

I always loved the Om signs meaning, as my grandmother told me 'it embodies the essence of the entire universe. God first created sound and the universe arose from it. As the most sacred sound, Om is the root of the universe and everything that exists and it continues to hold everything together.' it always stuck with me.

Back to monochrome nails, they look amazing and are perfect with every and any ensemble, day and night.

Take a peek at my monochrome nails inspired by Madeline Poole. Let me know what you think?

Have a gorgeous day :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment