Wednesday 2 May 2012

I Got The Music In Me!

Hey nail junkies, today's post is all about music and how it inspires me.

Music is a passion of mine, it is my therapy, my peace and it harmonises with my love of nails. Whilst working I have to hear some form of sound/music in the background to get my artistic juices flowing...

Growing up, my house was always filled with the wonderful sounds of Stevie Wonder, Prince, Michael Jackson, Delroy Wilson, Cameo, Johnny Guitar Watson, Anita Baker, John Holt, Womack and Womack, Marlena Shaw and Sarah Vaughn the list could go on forever...

I'm a 80's baby so loved watching 'Top of the Pops' in the week and 'The Chart Show' on a Saturday morning. Catching all the new videos that were out at the time, viewing classic 80's and 90's pop, r'n'b, rock and dance. Mel and Kim (where my uncle featured as the boyfriend in 'That's the way it is') lol, Duran Duran, The Eurythmics, David Bowie, The Police, Janet Jackson and Bobbi Brown. Again I could list them all but they stick out in my mind. I loved them all.

As I got into my teens I was a proper Hip Hop head, don't get me wrong I still had love for other genres but Hip Hop was where I felt at home. Saturday mornings 'Yo MTV Raps' and 'The Soul of MTV' would play the freshest sounds to my ears!

The likes of 'Black Moon, Nas, Snoop Dogg, Da Bush Babees, The Fugees, Il Al Skratch, Wu Tang, Biggie, Keith Murray and Redman. One of my all time favourite rappers. Raw is the word I would use to describe Redman. He was what you call underground hip hop. I was and am still a huge fan of 'Dare iz a Darkside'. My tracks 'Rockafella', 'Sooperman Luver' sampling Johnny Guitar Watsons 'Superman Lover' and 'Can't Wait' sampling the Mary Jane Girls 'All Night Long', classics! Whoa I'm actually thinking I need to fish these out of my collection and give them a blast. I miss classic Hip Hop...

Nowadays it's all about House music from tribal beats to broken beats to soulful beats. I can't get enough. I still love to hear some Ol' Skool Garage now and then and any other genre going... Below are my music inspired nails.

What do y'all think? Have a good day! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment